Tuesday, August 28, 2012

No Remorse



"Hot!"



No Remose 
by MaryLynn Bast


Description

      Due to her unusual birth, Amber has abilities no other werewolf has ever possessed. On the run since childhood, the lone wolf avoids contact with other werewolves at all cost, continually moving, constantly looking over her shoulder and always alone. Everything changes when Amber saves a werewolf from the mere brink of death, Blake, the only werewolf to ever protect her. Love blossoms, but not without tribulations when Amber realizes she must help her new pack rescue a member who is being held hostage by a rival pack. Warring with emotions of going from lone wolf to the pack leader’s mate, Amber must decide if she is willing to risk Blake’s life to know true family and friendship despite the fact that the Council is hell bent on locating her and will stop at nothing until she is found. Will Amber’s special abilities be enough to keep everyone safe?

My Review

      I didn't know anything about the story when I began reading. I didn't bother to read the back cover or anything, I just dove right in!
      I was instantly taken by the way Bast portrays the werewolves. She captured the spirit of the wolves in her characters, which I thought she did exceptionally well.  They are werewolves.  Strong hunters, with primal needs and emotions, and large appetites. They aren't some wimpy, sappy, cuddle animals, and she makes this point from the very beginning and I like that!
      This was my first ever encounter with a romance novel. With that said, I did an awful lot of blushing and at times I was very hot!  The story line, was action packed and the fight scenes were very well orchestrated.  My only down side is that she created this intricate world of orders and secrets, I felt that there could have been more.  But I believe that if you don't leave a reader wanting more, than you are doing something wrong!

Interview with MaryLynn Bast




Lost in Thought- So, I'm just going to get right to it! How long have you been writing?

Marylnn- I began writing while in school and was always excited for the teachers to give writing assignments. As a kid I was one of those who had my face buried in a book and making up my own stories. This continued as I grew older, but I never did anything with my writing until I wrote No Remorse.
LIT- What made you finally decided to get serious?
MaryLynn- I was sitting in a hotel room in S. Korea on a 3 month work assignment as a contractor for the Air Force. Sitting in lodging each night with insomnia makes for a long night, so I began writing again. A friend of mine suggested I enter a short story contest for werewolves and when I wrote this story, it just kept happening. With my friend being a fellow author, she was able to show me the ropes and this pushed me to get serious about my writing.

LIT- It's always good to have someone to lean on. Did you enjoy your stay in S. Korea? I absolutely loved it there.

MaryLynn-I loved being in S. Korea. It was a different culture and really at times kind of scary with N. Korea being on the verge of attacking again. After 3 months there I went to Japan for 3 months as well and that was even more of a culture shock, but really cool.  

LIT- I am so jealous! I love Japan! Let me get back on topic. What motivates you, what's your muse?

MaryLynn- I am easily motivated to write. Anything I see or hear can trigger something in my mind to write about. My muses are always jumping around in my head to be heard. Some louder than others. So, whoever is the loudest gets heard that day. :)


LIT-That's funny I am the same way! I guess what they say is true, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  What did you learn from writing No Remorse? What are you going to be doing differently in book two?
MaryLynn-The technique I used for No Remorse was to write out the general plot then go back through and fill in the details of each scene. So far this has been the process for each of my books and works for me.
In book two I have created character profiles for tracking as the story lines grow so I can remember who did what, how they look and their role in this and any future stories.

LIT- Ok, last question. Where would you like to be in 5 years? (for example,I want a movie deal!) 

MaryLynn-You pretty much guessed it. I would like to have a movie deal for my series and be sitting out on the deck with a margarita enjoying the sun going down behind the mountains of a lake cabin enjoying life while I continue to write more stories.

LIT- Well, I just want to say that it is really a pleasure working with you and I am glad that we met. I wish you nothing but the greatest success! And thank you for taking the time out to do this interview with me.
MaryLynn-Thank you so much Jessica for taking the time to read No Remorse and do the interview. I have enjoyed meeting you and look forward to reading your work and interviewing you as well.


Last Words-

 I learned a lesson after I read No Remorse; Just because you don't write a certain genre, does not mean that you shouldn't read from it!  Had I not stepped outside my box I would have missed this jewel of a book. I truly look forward to reading more of her work! 

Other publications by MaryLynn Bast

A Justified Kill

Werewolf Bound

 Escaping Dominance

 Veiled Secrets for the Heart of a Wolf Series

One Bite To Passion (erotica)


1 comment:

  1. This series is fantastic and is climbing the ladder to be at the top.

    ReplyDelete